Diabetes a Lifestyle to die for but has it really come to this? Apparently so, we have not heeded the advice of medical specialists who have long been trying to get off our backsides to be more active and to get out and do something..anything but we shrugged our shoulders and did nothing ate what we wanted when we wanted and got fatter as a result.
“What is so depressing about this rise is that diabetes is mainly preventable. Only 5 per cent of cases fall into type 1 (an unavoidable auto-immune condition, where the pancreas is attacked by auto-antibodies). The remaining 95 per cent fall into type 2, which can usually be attributed to an unhealthy lifestyle and weight gain. The exact cause of type 2 diabetes remains unknown, but it appears that lifestyle plays a big role,” says Dr Sameem Majid Matto of the Canadian Specialist Hospital. This is the message that UAE groups, such as the Landmark Group and the Imperial College London Diabetes Centre (ICLDC), want to get across with their awareness and prevention campaigns this November: to stop the rates rising any higher, we need to take a serious look at the things we eat, drink and do.”
According to Dubai-based diabetes specialist Dr Thomas Zachariah, “Without some serious lifestyle changes, we expect the diabetes rates in Middle Eastern countries to jump to between40-50 per cent of the population in just 25 years.” Article source Aquarius magazine.
Millions of people around the world are walking around today and haven’t a clue that they have this disease and continue the same lifestyle making no change at all to their diet and then seemed to get surprised when seated across from the doctor in his office when he tell them that they have diabetes and they will then need to be on insulin as their pancreas has slowed or stopped producing insulin.
Even after receiving this news there are some that still shrug their shoulders and then go on to develop complications of diabetes and this is not pleasant at all and can involve deterioration of eyes, heart, kidneys, bladder and ulcers that can lead to gangrene and amputation. The list goes on.
Why put yourself forward for a diabetes a lifestyle to die for when it can be something that you can prevent from getting, it is all up to you though no one is going to make the changes to your life other than you.