Due to the components founds in these miracle seeds, it can be an effective and natural treatment for diabetes. Thanks to the high soluble fiber found in these seeds, blood glucose is lowered, by the fact that carbohydrates are absorbed slower. In addition, the antioxidants, minerals and vitamins found in methi seeds have been said to protect the cells in the body from free radicals.
Clinical studies have revealed that fenugreek seeds effectively treat metabolic symptoms associated with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, by increasing blood sugar tolerance, and also by reducing the amount of sugar in the blood.
The component 4-hydroxyisoleucine found in fenugreek seeds, is believed to stimulate cells in the pancreas, and this naturally increases insulin production.
Fenugreek is said to possibly increase insulin receptors, and stabilize blood sugar levels by limiting sugar getting into the blood. In addition, fenugreek seeds increase the enzyme activity that is responsible for lowering blood sugar levels, by increasing the breakdown of glucose (blood sugar).
By using just a little bit of methi seeds a day, blood glucose levels in people that suffer from Type 1 diabetes should naturally decrease.
It is not difficult to add methi (fenugreek) seeds into your diet plan, simply add the seeds to water and drink (hot or cold) daily, or use the seeds to spice foods.
Methi contains iron, protein, potassium, fiber, niacin and vitamin C. Besides lowering blood sugar, other benefits of adding fenugreek to your diet include:
- When methi seeds are soaked in coconut oil overnight, it becomes a healthy serum to treat thin hair and dandruff. In addition, it will keep your hair shiny and nourished.
- Methi seed paste is effective in treating sunburned skin, blemishes and eczema.
- Mix some fenugreek seeks with lemon juice and honey, and you will have a wonderful treatment on hand, to sooth a sore throat and an annoying cough.
- Thanks to the soluble fiber, if you chew on a few fenugreek seeds first thing in the morning (on an empty stomach), your hunger will be suppressed, and in turn aid in a healthy weight-loss program.
- Fenugreek is also said to help in the treatment of heartburn and acid reflux. Also, it helps to remove toxins from the body and treat painful constipation.
Of course, please consult your health care professional before adding or removing any type of treatment from your diabetic regime.